Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


Have you ever been to a place that has had a remarkable impact on the way you continue to view everything else? I responded to an ad on Craigslist one day, looking for a job, and had this experience happen to me. I was going in for a potential photography job in a local bar. Given my actual expertise on the subject, I did quite well in the interview, and landed the job. Apart from my first night, the job was horrible. The managers were extremely frustrating to deal with, and I soon quit. Now, I found myself in need of another job, and began wondering where I would turn to next to find my newest endeavor.

After my first shift that night, I stayed in the bar for a little bit, eating, relaxing, and getting the overall feel of what I thought would be a more permanent placement for me. The servers were friendly, and the food was delicious, at a very reasonable price given its location, the Las Vegas strip.  The atmosphere offered something different in that it was relaxed, but energetic at the same time. The team created an environment that I definitely wanted to return to. In short, they were able to market themselves in such a way that was appealing to the type of clientele they were after. “Simply put, marketing is managing profitable customer relationships. The aim of marketing is to create value for customers and to capture value from customers in return.” Everything I have mentioned above, added up to me applying for a hostess position. I am now very fortunate to be able to say that I love my job. The whole experience of first, going to, and then, eventually working at PBR Rock Bar & Grill has certainly been one of the best I have every had within the customer service industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment