Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

Since a very young age, photography has always been a part of my life. My mother was a photographer, and often carted me around to work with her. Being in that environment helped shape me into the artist I am today. I recently graduated from Las Vegas Academy, an art school that helped me hone in my skills, and develop new ones. It was there that I realized photography was something I didn’t want to give up. I was faced with the challenge of figuring out how to make it a career. Let’s face it, photographers’ worth only increases after death. Although it’s not all about the money for me, I do want to be able to survive in today’s society, working at a job that I love. This is how I landed on the idea of going into the artistic side of advertising. I am currently studying this field at the Art Institute of Las Vegas. Here, I plan to spend the next four years learning the skills I need to make it in the advertising world. I know there is a lot more to it than just the creative aspect, and I know I have the patience to fulfill these extra requirements. Having the opportunity to create something will allow me to achieve my dreams of bringing photography to a modern day career.

No comments:

Post a Comment